Community spirit helped open Rocketship Alma in 2012 and it remains a cornerstone of the school’s identity today. Rocketeers at Alma learn to become change-makers in their community who are fearless in their pursuit of equity and excellence. At Rocketship Alma, our soul is committed to service.
US News also ranked Rocketship Alma in the top 30% of all elementary schools in the state!
Families, check out our new, resources section here.
[This link would take them down the page to the Family Resources section]
#1 school out of all 30 in its district
for ELA performance among low-income students
Grades: TK - 5th
Enrollment: TK - 5th
Address: 198 W Alma Ave, San Jose, CA 95110, USA
Principal: Alex Hernandez
Office Manager: Marisol Urias
Se habla español
- Download each grade's schedule here.
Bell Schedules >
- First day, last day, minimum days, holidays, conference days, see every day of the school year.
School Calendar >
- Access important school policies, forms, and resources.
Parent Handbook >
- Have questions about one of Rocketship's school guidelines or policies? Access our policy library here.
School Guidelines & Policies >
- Check out what meals you can order for your student here.
Lunch Menus >
- Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for free and reduced priced meals using Mealtime Online.
Free & Reduced Price Meals >
Rocketship Alma is OUR school, and I say that with so much pride in my heart. We've felt like a part of the Alma family since my oldest child attended kindergarten the founding year. I always hoped that my daughters would go to college. Now I know they will be successful because of the solid educational foundation built at Rocketship Alma Academy!
— Julia Alvarez, Founding Parent
Upcoming School Events
Join the Parent Organizing Committee
Are you interested in getting more involved with Alma’s school community? Join us for our next Parent Organizing Committee (POC) meeting where parents get to know each other, learn what local issues may be affecting their child and family, and learn new skills to help ensure parents’ voices are heard in the community. You can find the next POC meeting in the calendar above, and email email@example.com for any questions.
Our School’s Core Values