Rocketship’s 2019-20 Year In Review Is Here!
2020 was defined by unprecedented challenges and how our educators responded with urgency, agility, tenacity, and care. We just launched our Year in Review and wanted to share some of our most amazing stories of impact, innovation, compassion, and resilience from 2020:
- In just 24 hours, we transitioned to distance learning. Live teaching, daily social emotional learning, virtual Launch and Landing, family outreach teams, meal distribution, and more created structure and stability for our students when schools closed.
- Over 80,000 people accessed free resources on our Distance Learning Launchpad. Less than three weeks after schools closed we launched this free resource to help families, students, and teachers outside of Rocketship adapt to distance learning by sharing what is working for us.
- 72% of Rocketship educators identify as people of color. We are striving to create a more diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. And as we fight for equity in our communities, we are also working to dismantle implicit bias in our own systems, policies, and practices.
- Rocketeers across the network were on track for highest growth in four years before COVID-19 canceled end-of-year assessments.
- Highlights across our national network:
Recognized as “Distinguished Schools” in California
Opened new campus on the north side of Milwaukee
Won approval to open third school in Nashville
Stood up for racial justice with a virtual rally in Washington, D.C.
This year brought the unexpected – but we responded with urgency and tenacity. We leaned into our core values of empathy, respect, responsibility, and persistence to serve our Rocketeers and our communities. While no one can predict what 2021 will bring, we know that no matter what, we will continue to confront every challenge that comes our way.
We are grateful for your continued support as we work to advance equity and excellence in public education. Here’s a short video to show our appreciation and convey how critical your support has been this year.
Published on December 21, 2020