Current Status of Schools
Students at both Rocketship Milwaukee schools will return to campus through a phased-in approach. Beginning with English Learner students coming back for ACCESS WIDA testing in March, students in grades 3-5 will come back for Wisconsin Forward testing in April. We will phase in by grade level the week following Spring Break (April 2nd-9th).
Rocketship Southside Community Prep:
- Tuesday April 13: All 4th and 5th Grade Cohorts
- Thursday April 15: All K4 and 2nd Grade Cohorts, 3rd Grade Hokies and Razorbacks
- Monday April 19: All K5 and 1st Grade Cohorts, 3rd Grade Perunas
Rocketship Transformation Prep:
- Tuesday April 13: All 3rd and 5th Grade Cohorts
- Thursday April 15: All K4 and 4th Grade Cohorts
- Monday April 19: All K5, 1st, and 2nd Grade Cohorts
COVID- Parent Handbook & School Calendar
Looking for what days students’ have holidays? Download the full family calendar here from 2020-2021.
Stay connected on your school’s private Facebook group:
All our schools will use their school’s private Facebook groups page to share important updates and instructional information.
- Please be sure to create a Facebook account if you do not already have one and join your school’s Facebook group.
- If you need support, please reach out to your school’s Office Manager.
How & Where to Get a Vaccinated in Your Community
Did you know that you can use your Rocketeer’s Chromebook to access vaccination websites? To find out who is eligible and how to sign up for appointments visit, city.milwaukee.gov/CovidVax.
Have Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccines?
We believe it’s important to equip every member of our community with the knowledge they need to make an informed decision. Rocketship recently had the privilege of hosting Rocketship Nashville board member and nationally-recognized medical expert, Dr. James Hildreth, for an hour-long webinar on the COVID-19 vaccines. Read the highlights and watch the webinar here. The Spanish version is available here.
Free Meals for Rocketeers
For the fall of 2020, each of our Rocketship campuses will distribute healthy and nutritious meals for students while the virtual learning program is in action.
Rocketship Southside Community Prep will offer free meals to ANYONE in our community on Monday through Friday (daily) 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
Rocketship Transformation Prep will offer free meals to ANYONE in our community on Wednesdays 8:00 am -9:00 am and 3:00 pm -4:00 pm.
The health, safety, and security of all our families is of upmost importance at this time. Click here for a list of Milwaukee resources and social service supports that include: meal distribution, childcare, unemployment, financial, housing, mental health, immigration & legal assistance. Find info on USDA Summer Meals Program in English / Español.
Spectrum is offering 2 months free internet access to all new subscribers. The free internet offer applies to their basic internet package. Call 1-855-707-7328 to get connected.
Every Rocketship school has designated a CareCorps of at least four educators who are responsible for contacting every Rocketship family, every day. Their mission is to support our most vulnerable families who are experiencing the destabilizing impacts of the COVID-19 crisis. CareCorps sends a brief wellness survey to all families to ensure everyone feel safe at home and identifies any needs in the school community. The team then follows up with direct outreach to families who indicated they need support. The CareCorps then connects families with the services and resources they need. To connect with your regional CareCorps, please reach out to your school’s office manager.
Back to School Safety Procedures
Curious what new safety procedures we have in place to keep your Rocketeer safe? The key changes we have made are:
- -Daily health screenings for all staff and students
- -Mandatory mask-wearing for staff and students
- -Physically distanced desks
- -Stable cohorts for students returning in small groups
- -New filters in campus HVAC systems and air purifiers where appropriate
- -Hand sanitization stations throughout the school
- -Signage throughout the campus to help keep our community safe