We celebrate curiosity at Rocketship Spark. By nurturing and developing our students’ natural curiosity, they learn to become critical thinkers who develop their own ideas, express their feelings, make responsible choices, and achieve success in school and life. At Rocketship Spark, our Rocketeers learn to love learning.
US News also ranked Rocketship Spark Academy in the top 10% of all elementary schools in the state!
Ranks #1 out of all 16 schools in its district
for math performance among all students
Address: 683 Sylvandale Ave San Jose, CA 95111
Principal: Danny Etcheverry
Office Manager: Catalina Duarte
Se habla español
- First day, last day, minimum days, holidays, conference days, see every day of the school year.
School Calendar >
- Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for free and reduced priced meals using Mealtime Online.
Free & Reduced Price Meals >
- Log into the PowerSchools Parent Portal to update your contact information, check your child's attendance, and access test scores.
PowerSchool Parent Portal >
- Find out what's on the menu this month!
Lunch Menus >
- Download each grade's schedule here.
Bell Schedules (to come in 22-23) >
- Access important school policies, forms, and resources. Available in English & Spanish.
Parent Handbook >
- Have questions about one of Rocketship's school guidelines or policies? Access our policy library here.
Guidelines & Policies >
- Check out our Middle School Expo resource list to see how public middle schools across the city are performing.
Resources for Choosing a Middle School >
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.
Join the Parent Organizing Committee
Are you interested in getting more involved with Alma’s school community? Join us for our next Parent Organizing Committee (POC) meeting where parents get to know each other, learn what local issues may be affecting their child and family, and learn new skills to help ensure parents’ voices are heard in the community. You can find the next POC meeting in the calendar above, and email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. Learn more about our parent leadership work here.
Our School’s Core Values
- SSC & ELAC Current Meeting Agendas
- Mental Health Services Resources, Ed code: 49428
- Title IX Policy and Contact
- School Accountability Report Card
- School Accountability Report Card Hard Copy Notification
- Anti-Bullying Training Module
- Charter School Compliant Notice and Form
- Uniform Complaint Procedure Annual Notice (All Languages)
- School Wellness Policy
- Suspension & Expulsion Policy
- COVID-19 Operations Report
- 2021-22 EPA Expenses
- Discrimination, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, and Title IX Policy
- LCAP Federal Addendum
- Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Overview for Parents
- School Plan for Student Achievement
- Suicide Prevention Policy
- 22-23 LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan)
- 22-23 LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan)-Spanish
- 22-23 LCAP (Local Control and Accountability Plan)-Vietnamese
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- ESSER III Expenditure Plan
- ESSER III Safe Return to Instruction Plan
- Charter SELPA Local Plan
- Admissions and Enrollment Policy
- Charter Petition
- Uniform Complaint Procedure
- Student Discipline Policy
- Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- SELPA Public Hearing Notice
- California Earned Income Tax Credit (California EITC)
- COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
- 22-23 CDPH Testing Framework for K-12 Schools (adopted by Rocketship Public Schools)
- Summer Meal Flyer
- Annual Wellness Policy Assessment
- Participation in Annual Wellness Policy Assessment