Mateo Sheedy Elementary
The school where it all started. In 1999, Father Mateo Sheedy created a scholarship to Santa Clara University. He was surprised to discover that of the hundreds of children in his parish, not one of them met the basic academic requirements to qualify them to attend a top-tier university. So he started working to improve educational equity in his community. Father Mateo Sheedy passed away too soon, but his movement lived on. In 2006, his parishioners approached two educational entrepreneurs who were developing a promising new school model. Rocketship Mateo Sheedy opened soon after and quickly made a name for itself by earning the top score across all of San Jose Unified School District.
US News also ranked Rocketship Mateo Sheedy in the top 15% of all elementary schools in the state!
- First day, last day, minimum days, holidays, conference days, see every day of the school year.
School Calendar >
- Step-by-step instructions on how to apply for free and reduced priced meals using Mealtime Online.
Free & Reduced Price Meals >
- Log into the PowerSchools Parent Portal to update your contact information, check your child's attendance, and access test scores.
PowerSchool Parent Portal >
- Access important school policies, forms, and resources.
Parent Handbook >
- Have questions about one of Rocketship's school guidelines or policies? Access our policy library here.
Policies & Guidelines >
- Download each grade's schedule here. (22-23 to come)
Bell Schedules (to come in 22-23) >
- See what meals your can order your Rocketeer.
Lunch Menus (to come in 22-23) >
Join the Parent Organizing Committee
Are you interested in getting more involved with our school community? Join us for our next Parent Organizing Committee (POC) meeting where parents get to know each other, learn what local issues may be affecting their child and family, and learn new skills to help ensure parents’ voices are heard in the community. You can find the next POC meeting in the calendar above.
Our School’s Core Values