Every child deserves the opportunity to define their own future. To build their own legacy in their own community. At Rocketship Legacy Prep, our parents, teachers, and leaders are working together to help every Rocketeer we serve build legacies that promote peace, prosperity, compassion, and equity across our proud community.
Rocketship Legacy Prep was ranked in the top 30% of all elementary schools in Washington, DC. Achievement at this level shows that we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime!
Earned the highest score ever for an elementary school
on the DC Public Charter School Board’s School Quality Report
Grades: PreK3 - 5th
Address: 4250 Massachusetts Ave SE Washington, DC 20019
Principal: Jeanice Stewart
Office Manager: Andrea McLean
- First day, last day, minimum days, holidays, conference days, see every day of the school year.
School Calendar >
- Everything you need to know about school policies, procedures, operations, parent involvement, and more.
Family Handbook >
- Looking for key contact information and school transparency documents? Check out your school profile.
PCSB School Profile >
- Log into the PowerSchools Parent Portal to update your contact information, check your child's attendance, and access test scores.
PowerSchool Parent Portal >
- Find out what's on the menu this month!
Breakfast & Lunch Menu >
- Learn more about our before and after care offerings.
Rocket Booster! Extended Learning Program >
- Have questions about one of Rocketship's school guidelines or policies? Access our policy library here.
School Guidelines and Policies >
- Check out what meals you can order for your student here.
Order Meals >
All kids deserve the chance to build their own legacy in their own community. To build on the past, and to look forward to an even brighter future. That is why we named our school Rocketship Legacy Prep.
— Founding Parent, Rocketship Legacy Prep
Join the Parent Organizing Committee
Are you interested in getting more involved with our school community? Join us for our next Parent Organizing Committee (POC) meeting where parents get to know each other, learn what local issues may be affecting their child and family, and learn new skills to help ensure parents’ voices are heard in the community. You can learn more about our parent leadership work here.
Our School’s Core Values
- Title IX Policy
- National School Lunch & Breakfast Program
- DC FREE Summer Meals Program
- 22-23 Employee Policies
- 21-22 Annual Report
- Student on Student Sexual Harassment and Title IX Policy
- School Transparency Contacts
- 21-22 IRS Form 990
- School Budgets
- 22-23 At-Risk Funding Plans
- Contact the DC Board
- 20-21 Continuous Education Plans
- 21-22 Continuous Education Plans
- 22-23 Continuous Education Plans
- 22-23 Student/Family Handbook
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Dietary Accommodations Form
- School Health Profile
- 2022-23 Health and Safety Plans